The Albuquerque Bonsai Club began in January 1975. By 1979, it had grown, and the first Bonsai master, Ben Oki, was invited to conduct a bonsai workshop. Since then, other Bonsai masters have presented workshops in Bonsai culture in Albuquerque. Other Masters, including John Naka, Chase Rosade, Jim Barrett, Hal Sasake, Toshio Subaromaru, Mel Ikeda, Ray Nagatoshi, and Ernie Kuo have visited Albuquerque and enriched the club members knowledge of Bonsai.
Anyone interested in Bonsai is welcome to join the Albuquerque Bonsai Club.
Membership dues are $30.00 per year for individuals or families starting in January. Dues can be paid online here.
The benefits of membership in the Albuquerque Bonsai Club include:
- Monthly meetings, where members meet to share their interest in and knowledge of Bonsai. Open to the public.
- Seminars and Workshops. The Albuquerque Bonsai Club or its members offer Bonsai seminars and workshops where members get the opportunity to learn about Bonsai and increase their Bonsai skills and Knowledge.
- Bonsai Shows. Members are encouraged to participate in Bonsai shows.
- Library. The Albuquerque Bonsai Club maintains a library of Bonsai books available to members.
- Monthly classes, where local masters work with members on special projects. Members only.
If you wish to join the Albuquerque Bonsai Club, come to a club meeting at Heights Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 8600 Academy NE, room 403 on the 1st Saturday of the month at 9:00 AM.